As the #Chinese #coronavirus continues to crush #Americans and cause a massive health crisis, putting pressure on the country’s health care system, several #Hollywood #celebrities are donating large amounts of money to causes dedicated to helping those in need.
From donating to food banks feeding poor families to millions for research to find treatments for the virus that’s killed, as of this writing, 6,000 Americans, here’s 13 celebrities stepping up to help in these difficult times.
1. #OprahWinfrey is cutting a giant check of $10 million.
2. #LeonardoDiCaprio is helping launch America’s Food Fund, for which has already raised $12 million.
3. #AngelinaJolie donated $1 million to the organization No Kid Hungry.
4. #Rihanna’s charitable organization is donating $5 million.
5. #ArnoldSchwarzenegger has donated $1 million to the Frontline Responders Fund.
6. #RyanReynolds and #BlakeLively have donated $1 million to Feeding America and Food Banks Canada, and are now donating an additional $400,000 to four hospitals in the New York City area.
7. #JessicaAlba’s business has donated three million diapers, as well as other essential supplies.
8. #Madonna donated $1 million.
9. #MileyCyrus has teamed up with MAC Cosmetics seeking to donate $10 million.
10. #DollyParton donated $1 million to #VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center, so that it can go toward research into finding a cure.
11. #KylieJenner is donating $1 million to Los Angeles area health care professionals.
12. #Ciara and #RussellWilson are donating 1 million meals to the Seattle food bank Food Lifeline.
13. #KellyRipa and #MarkConsuelos have donated $1 million.